Vacuum Packing Machines operate thanks to a pump which requires the use of detergent-free oil. It is necessary to check the level of this oil weekly, as it should not fall below 3/4 of the oil indicator located on the right hand side of the machine.
Depending on the model of the packaging machine, we use different types of oils:
- SAE-10 oil (detergent-free) : for table-top vacuum packing machines or those with a pump size up to 20 m3/h. Oil must be changed after 150 working hours.
- SAE-30 oil (detergent-free) : for floorstanding vacuum packing machines or those with pump with output over 20m3/h. Oil must be changed after 300 working hours.
When the pump has been operating during the hours indicated, when switching on the machine the display will show "oil" and this will flash for 10 seconds to warn that the oil must be replaced. The oil must also be replaced each time it is found to be emulsified. On vacuum machines with a pump size of 40m3/h upwards, the oil filter must be replaced at the same time.
To replace oil, we recommend emptying it when the machine is hot. Follow the instructions given in the next images:
1. Loosen the 4 screws of the lid that gives access to the motor.
2. Empty motor of oil removing the lower cap.
3. Fill in with oil through the upper cap until the maximum level is reached.
4. Place back the lid and put the 4 screws back.
Your machine is ready to use again!